Second RSView32 Scada Runtime

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I have some Allen Bradley PLC/RSView32 modifications to do for a client in Saudi Arabia. I don't have much experience with Allen Bradley but the PLC code seems straight forward & I have bench tested it and it works as expected.

The client also wants the RSView32 project to be available on a second PC in another city. I don't know if it will be part of the same network.

Do Allen Bradley have any software packages to allow the replication of the RSView32 screens on other remote PC's?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Paul.

They have ADS Active display system this can be view only or interactive but I don't know if you could run a connection over the internet it works on local area networks, a vnc connection would work but it means you control the pc as well from the remote client.

As well as the ADS Active Displays Parky mentions, there is also RSView 32 WebServer which is an add on to RSView 32, which takes a snap shot like a Photo, and delivers it as a JPeg to a Web Browser.

The client also wants the RSView32 project to be available on a second PC in another city.
In a time far, far away, I once set up an RSView Active display between cities. The customer requested the capability in case it was ever needed. The only avaialble connection to test it was a phone line, so I set it up through a modem at each end, and it worked okay, but slow. I am sure it would work with a faster Internet connection.

As Parky said, it can be set up to be interactive, so that remote computer can control process, but I think this would be very risky to do.

In a time far, far away, I once set up an RSView Active display between cities. The customer requested the capability in case it was ever needed. The only avaialble connection to test it was a phone line, so I set it up through a modem at each end, and it worked okay, but slow. I am sure it would work with a faster Internet connection.

As Parky said, it can be set up to be interactive, so that remote computer can control process, but I think this would be very risky to do.
Lancie1,
Thanks for the reply. I have told the client I would only be willing to setup a read only version on his remote PC.

Thanks
Paul.

Paul,

Back in those days, you had to buy a different version of RSView to get the Active Display feature. I don't know what the current situation is.