Seeing an Ethernet sub-net with RSLinx Enterprise

MartinOffer

Hello again,
So I have a RS5000 project with a 17 slot base. In slot 6 I have a 1756-EN2T Local_ENBT card with its own sub-network. The first place this goes is a Stratix 5700 4 port switch. From there it goes to 2 x 1794-AENT cards and a couple of motion controllers.
I can see all of this in the PLC I/O Configuration.

However in RSlinx Enterprise what I see in slot 6 is a 1756-EN2T, 1756-EN2T/D card,, then the Ethernet symbols then a 1756-EN2T card????? Nothing else after that.

I'm guessing I am just missing EDS files but I've tried putting in the EDS file for the EN2T card (revision 10.7)

Any help would be gratefully received...

Thank you

It sounds like you're trying to browse through a 1756 backplane to an Ethernet network that your computer is not otherwise connected to, using RSLinx Enterprise.

I know that RSLinx Classic can do this, but you have to manually configure the IP addresses of the devices on the remote network in the driver configuration.

In RSLinx Enterprise, you should also be able to do this, but by manually entering devices and slots and other elements of the schema.

But first, take a step back: why do you want to navigate this route with RSLinx Enterprise at all ? RSLinx Enterprise is the data server for FactoryTalk View and other enterprise software, and wouldn't be needed for FLEX I/O or motion controllers.

Thanks for the answer, I'll try and get top look at this later today.

The reason why I want to know is that I intend to add a remote HMI to the PLC. I already have the ethernet out in the field with the AENT card in a local panel next to where I want to place the HMI

Thanks