seimens plc programming software required

sekhar203

[font=Arial,Verdana]

Hello

Do you could help me to get a copy of Seimens PLC programming Software.....for free!!!!

kind regards

thankyou

shekhar

[/font][font=Arial,Verdana][/font]

JesperMP said:
STEP7 LITE is actually available for free download from Siemens.

Anyone know what the limitations of the 'STEP 7 lite' are? and is it good for 200's, 300's and 400's?

Thanks

EDIT: The reason I am asking...everytime I try and down load the PDF, it dumps and I get an 'explore error'

Last edited:
geniusintraining said:
Anyone know what the limitations of the 'STEP 7 lite' are? and is it good for 200's, 300's and 400's?

Well, it looks like it will do 300 and 200 with some limits.

I suggest you just download the software, and if it doesn't do what you need you can demand your money back!

geniusintraining said:

Thanks

EDIT: The reason I am asking...everytime I try and down load the PDF, it dumps and I get an 'explore error'

Lite_neu.jpg

STEP 7 Lite available free of charge for downloading STEP 7 Lite is the easy to use and intuitive programming software for the implementation of stand-alone solutions with SIMATIC S7-300, SIMATIC C7, ET 200S (IM 151/CPU and IM 151/CPU FO) and ET 200X (BM 147/CPU).
STEP 7 Lite was designed such that it it can be learned in a very short time and will support the user in every phase of the project with optimal operability. Projects created with STEP 7 Lite can be further processed with STEP 7 or STEP 7 Professional at a later stage.

Tom Jenkins said:
Well, it looks like it will do 300 and 200 with some limits.
Just to clarify it: STEP7 LITE is basically for the S7-300 range of PLCs. The ET200S and ET200X mentioned by controlled, are the CPUs that are S7-314's "in disguise".
The S7-200 range of PLCs is NOT supported.

The other important limitations are:
Online via MPI only, not via Profibus or Ethernet.
You cannot configure distibuted i/o via Profibus or Profinet, so there is "only" the maximum of 4 racks of 8 modules each (32 modules total).
You cannot configure "connections" (but HMIs can certainly connect to the CPUs without having to configure such connections).
The only software options that are possible, are PLCSIM and TeleService, so no GRAPH, SCL, HiGraph, etc.
But all in all it is a very usable software package.