SEL - Human Machine Interface

dalporto

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.

Long shot, pretty sure there won't be a lot of people knowing what I'm takling about.

SEL G60 Protection relay, I'm not seeing all the inputs in the HMI.

Any idea how to change that?

Sans titre.jpg

Not familiar with SEL but have used remoteIO units with similar looking interface screens.

For the ones I had I had to find a device menu and change it from the default IO count of the program to 8IO with 4 analog IO and then I could see them all.

The software would connect and wouldn't tell you the target device was different like most PLC programs do.

I finally used the SER to look at them, but it won't be handy to the guy doing the commissioning later.

And I lost the comm to site, so they're on their own.

I'll figure that Monday.

Thanks.

SEL = Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories

They make outstanding motor protection relays used for medium voltage motors. Also distribution relays, and sub-station controls. Very popular in the USA. I have used their ethernet switches in harsh environments, rated for much higher temperatures, than most.

They have software for configuring the relays, or you can do it via console session using PUTTY, or via the HMI screen (very tedious). You will need the default passwords, they can be found in the manuals, if you dig deep enough.

If there have been optional I/O boards added to the basic relay, you must configure it for the optional I/O, else it will not show up on the HMI screen, because it doesn't know it's there.

Last edited:
I have all of that, I'm working Hydro.

Usually this stuff belongs to the protection team, which is pretty thin nowadays, not much man power left that knows those relays well.

This is the view from SEL AcSELerator (the configuration software).

More than IN101 and IN102 were actually already configured and working since a couple years. I just "configured" 4 more inputs to trip the unit, but on existing optional IO boards. Anyway I'm pretty sure that the relay do an auto-detect when you read from it (empty slots are greyed out in config).

I cannot find how to have them (or even the other used ones) to show up on the HMI screen.

We can make it without, but it's easier for the commissioning team that don't have a clue how the relay / software working to just check the status of the input: Ok, IN608 is in, and then I'm certain that the relay sees it.