SEL RTAC - Write Multiple Modbus Holding Registers

Marco_W

My first time using a SEL 3350 RTAC (or any RTU for that matter).
Setting up with most Modbus TCP functions - both Server and Client - seems fairly simple. However one thing I'm unsure about is how to regularly (say once per second) Write a block of data to a group of approx. 40 Holding Registers in one of the IEDs.

Any suggestions on the simplest way to do this?

If possible I'd prefer not to do it using the Tag Processor since that has a cycle time of 100ms, which is a lot quicker than I need my Modbus data to be written.

Last edited:
You can use the tag process or Structured text to write your data to MODBUS_HREG_xxxx.oper.ctval and then use a simple program to toggle the trigger. A timer that counts to 10 and gets reset to 0, everytime it gets to 10 it will toggle the MODBUS_HREG_xxxx.oper.trigger to true and then false.