Sensor for distance measurement

Rich1955 said:
I have one ?, does the material have resistance, if so can it be measured over distance.

Cotton does have resistance, but the resistivity varies greatly with the moisture content, which varies greatly due to mother nature... We're talking a range from a few hundred ohms to a few hundred gigaohms; but resistive moisture sensors work pretty good :D

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I am trying to find a sensor that will measure up to a distance of 70m (230 feet) that has a 4-20mA output for the measurement feedback...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, What's the difference between nominal sensing distance and maximum sensing distance in a diffuse photoelectric sensor ? in...
Replies
Views
Hii!!! I'm new in automation and i have a Banner LTF Laser distance sensor (LTF121IC2LDQ). I want to connect it on a Allen Bradley PLC. Is the...
Replies
Views
We want to measure a diameter of a coil with steelwire on it (diameter of wire is 0.1 - 0.7 mm). The coil diameter can vary between 200 mm and 700...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I need some advice on how to control a servo drive with a laser displacement sensor (SICK or Keyence). There will be an X and Z...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom