LTF Laser distance sensor wiring

RodHappi

Hii!!! I'm new in automation and i have a Banner LTF Laser distance sensor (LTF121IC2LDQ). I want to connect it on a Allen Bradley PLC. Is the anyone who can show me how do to it please?

I installed a line with 2 of the LTF sensors. One 12 meters as yours, one 24 meters.

Lead 1 (Brown) is +24VDC
3 (Blue) 0VDC
2 (White) 4-20mA output (mA on mine, can be 0-10VDC if 12-U)
4 (Black) Optional relay output if programmed (not used on mine)
5 (Gray) Remote programming input - also not used, this is if you want to program it from the ground

See P 7:
Banner LTF Manual

EDIT: I will add programming the first one may seem like an overwhelming task! Good luck and don't give up.

Last edited:
I installed a line with 2 of the LTF sensors. One 12 meters as yours, one 24 meters.

Lead 1 (Brown) is +24VDC
3 (Blue) 0VDC
2 (White) 4-20mA output (mA on mine, can be 0-10VDC if 12-U)
4 (Black) Optional relay output if programmed (not used on mine)
5 (Gray) Remote programming input - also not used, this is if you want to program it from the ground

See P 7:
Banner LTF Manual

EDIT: I will add programming the first one may seem like an overwhelming task! Good luck and don't give up.

Hi I_Automation.
How you connect the LTF sensor to the PLC? You connect the 2nd pin to an analog inputs card?
Im a begineer on automation and im going to work with this sensor but i dont know how to connect it :(

Hi I_Automation.
How you connect the LTF sensor to the PLC? You connect the 2nd pin to an analog inputs card?
Im a begineer on automation and im going to work with this sensor but i dont know how to connect it :(

The white wire is positive for the analog PLC input, tie the negative to 0V Common.

For just analog use the black wire is tied off and not used, otherwise it would go to a Sinking DC input.