Sensors for phosphate environment

strantor

Hello, I am looking at retrofitting a pipe nipple washdown line and turning it into a phosphate coating line. It was suggested to me to use stainless prox sensors to avoid corrosion issues with the phosphate, but I've just read a bunch of chemistry mumbo-jumbo that flew right over my head, but made me think maybe phosphate will react with stainless.

I realize "phosphate" is a rather broad term and not a complete chemical description, but it's the extent of the info I can get from my contacts. I'm hoping someone on this forum is familiar with the process and can tell me whether the type of "phosphate" used to treat metal like the pipe nipples (regular threaded rigid conduit nipples) in question is corrosive to stainless. And if so, what is a better option? Plastic?