sequencing FIFO blowers

Chado613

I have a project with blowers to be sequenced to operate in a "round-robin sequential ring" arrangement. A FIFO array will be used to program the blower sequencing. The last blower to come online will always be the controlling blower.

When a blower needs to be brought online, the blower next in sequence will be brought online and become the controlling blower. When a blower needs to be taken offline, it will always be the blower at the top of the FIFO array. This blower will automatically be added to the bottom of the FIFO array to form the circular queue. And index will be used to reference the controlling blower in the array.

I am pretty much stumped and looking for ideas where to start, Any ideas are much appreciated !!

I guess it is, Its just described as FIFO in the sense that the First blower turned on is the first blower turned off I guess

Not quite the same but look
Cyclic Request Handler
Designed for a finite number of users of the resource, who request use of the resource via a boolean flag. They remove that flag when their demand no longer exists, that is when the requirement is over. The method guarantees First come at most Nth Served where N is the number of clients. But it avoids needing any form of queue and could easily be implemented in a PLC.

Is there any intent to have more than one blower online at any time? Or is this intended to rotate the usage, and wear & tear, on each individual blower, one by one, over time?

For sequencing and rotation purposes there have been many discussions on this over the years. I'd recommend starting at this thread which might shed some light on how to approach your problem.

If you want to add not just sequencing but a changing order of call up for duty purposes in the event of more than one device being required, that starts to extend the project just a bit!

Ken