SERCOS and Ultra 3000

paneltech

I have a small problem with a status fault on a 3Kw Ultra 3000 Servo drive.
The drive is attached to a controllogix 5550 controller via a sercos interface module. The module appears to be working (all 3 LED's on green) but the monitor status LED on the drive is flashing green. If I try to tune the drive, interogate the backplane in properties or operate the drive through motion direct, nothing happens. No errors with axis, motion groups or modules appear on the workststion so I'm at a bit of a loss!

I have connected an enable line etc and can't find any hardware issues.

Any ideas???????

The Module LED flashing green, especially if the Network LED is solid green, does imply the drive is not Enabled.

There is a 7-segment LED display on the front of Ultra 3000 motion controllers. What value is being displayed on that indicator ?

I'm not an Ultra3000 expert when it comes to SERCOS, I mostly do them on DeviceNet. On those we sometimes have to enable them over the network as well as with hardwiring, but I dunno about with SERCOS. Look in the Motion Group and see if the Tag Auto Update is enabled for this axis; that's very useful during startup of the drive.

the drive status indicator gets to stage 4. in logix software, the properties information is not displayed when going to the device info tab(vendor, revision etc). A message is displayed device could not be found. I don't know if this has any relevance?

I'm really surprised that you get a communication error over SERCOS and yet there are no errors shown in the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree.

I usually have to disable electronic keying with SERCOS drives; is yours turned on ? That usually shows a keying mismatch, though.

Yes, I have keying set to compatable module. And yes, I've double checked. The I/O OK LED on the topleft side of the software main screen is fine, no fault is shown in RSLinx, though there is an execution error when you try to tune the drive.

This sounds a lot to me like the drive is not configured right in ultraware. Do you have the correct motor ect... selected in ultraware??