Download backup to ultra 3k sercos

lacruth

Hi you all!!!

How do i download the backup in a drive ultra 3000 sercos?

I tried to do this through the ultraware software, but it doesn't let me load,
it is connected to a plc contrologix ver. 10, and i have the rslogx 5k software and the plc backup too. So, i i try to download the backup of the plc program to see if it loads the parameters to the drive but it doesn't.
Can someone help me with this please!!!?

In my experience with Ultra series drives over SERCOS, there wasn't any manual download required. The new drive goes in, with its address knobs set, and it receives all of the information it needs over SERCOS as the system boots up.

Out of curiosity, what model is your ControlLogix at v10? Is it a 1756-L55? That's what we had too, with an in-chassis SERCOS module. We ended up flashing ours up to v16, though.

Hi, tks for answering.
Plc 1756-l60m03se w/ sercos interface.
I'm trying in the lab and without connecting the motor or the other system devices. Or you think that maybe all equipment should be connected?

It's been a while and I don't have access to the hardware any more...but...

As I recall, the SERCOS drives that are in the I/O configuration have to be present for the SERCOS network to initialize and for all the drives to boot up fully. If one of the drives is malfunctioning, they all won't boot properly without inhibiting and bypassing the fiber optic network past the bad one. I'm pretty sure the motors have to be connected as well.

What are you seeing on the drive's display?

I did find an old PLC project. Our hardware was a 1756-L55 processor, a 1756-MO8SE SERCOS interface, and 2x 2098-DSD-020-SE Ultra 3000 drives. Some machines had 4x drives but all functioned similarly.