Serial port problem...options?

I ordered both the Keyspan and the Belkin adapters. Hopefully I can get one to work for me.

Alan, as far as the Palm software goes I have used it occasionally, mainly now as a way to check to see if the serial port is working. :) However I do not have it set to start automatically and I make it a practice to reboot after using it.

Does anyone know of a way to check if a program is using the COM port and what that program might be, or is it just a guessing game? I'm running Win XP. :(

Randy

Similar Topics

Dear all Respected Masters.. I m facing very strange problem regarding SLC 5/05. I m running Windows XP in my Laptop. I have RSLinx, RSLogix 500...
Replies
Views
Hello every boddy. I got new laptop Dell D630. I bought it as spare PC for my D820. The D820 work prefect. With the D630 I found new problem and...
Replies
Views
I have had a nagging problem for the last two weeks (no, not my wife). I just discovered the solution to the problem that is easy and probably...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of an AOI using the user ASCII protocol select on the L6x controllers that will talk Modbus RTU using RS-485? Thanks, Trevor...
Replies
Views
I have lm9030 program on my toughbook CF-29 cannot get my program to hook up with the serial port.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom