Seriellcom. with Step7

CalleLundin

Hey. I vounder, i need to put up an RS232 com, the machine have an integrated ET200S profibus DP nod.

In the nod is a

6ES7138-4DF00-0AB0
1 SI serial module RS 232 3964R

I need to talk through this to send a 10 byte code.
To do this communication i use FB2 & 3. S_RCV & S_SEND.

To the FB i point the adress 256, that is the start adress in my HWconfig. Is this the correct way to make the communication?

Do anybody know if there is any sampelprograms, guides etc. how to set up this card? Or maybe if there is a possibility to test this communication with the simulator?

Best Regards
Calle

There should be sample programs here:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/25358470

Dont have experience with it myself, but if you have to specify a hardware address to a standard function block, then in Siemens it is typically by the hexadecimal value.
So your address 256(dec) is 100(hex). The parameter should be W#16#100

Dont think using PLCSIM can return any insight. Only a real module hooked up to something can do that.