Service Pack 3 Issues

The only time I have had any issue with SP3 has been with the RSLinx 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver for communication on a DH485 network. I have had no problems with RSLogix (all flavors), RSNetworx for Devicenet, RSView32, PB32, and others as long as I don't need that driver, even with CPR7 stuff.

The DF1 serial driver seems to work just fine before and after installing SP3.

I would not bother with the serenum driver roll back unless you are required to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx.

All I know is that RSLinx works on it, but that is about the only thing I use the serial port for other than the USB ports. I was warned that doing what I did may break something, but so far no problems. I regularly have to redo a lot of my machines because I am allways tinkering and doing and going places I shouldn't, but that is how I learn best.

Trying to use that is why I went to the SP2 version file. I since have acquired a PCMCIA card ver,B and the 05 and 06 cable for most of my useage, I still have one of the fixed 500 at work, but this machine is one I use at home just for learning and program developement.

The only time I have had any issue with SP3 has been with the RSLinx 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver for communication on a DH485 network. I have had no problems with RSLogix (all flavors), RSNetworx for Devicenet, RSView32, PB32, and others as long as I don't need that driver, even with CPR7 stuff.

The DF1 serial driver seems to work just fine before and after installing SP3.

I would not bother with the serenum driver roll back unless you are required to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx.

I definitely agree. However, it's nice to know that if necessary, it's possible to do the rollback and gain access to the serial drivers again. I highly doubt that rolling back the sys file would cause a problem with anything else, but it's always good to keep a backup of the old one you can restore in case things get weird.