Set OnTime

baily

Hi,

I'm trying to make a simple function in RSLogix 5000, CompactLogix, that I can't figure out:
1. When IN = TRUE.
2. OUT = TRUE for a given time.

If the specific OUTtime is set to 1s, the IN will not affect the OUT during this time.

Can someone (if possible) write the command in structured text.

Appreciates all answers and tips!

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Explain more what you are looking for. Your task is a little ambiguous. For example, let's say that IN is true for longer than your "OUTtime." What do you want OUT to do?

2. I'm wondering, because I'm curious: Why do you want to do this in structured text, and not ladder?

TConnolly: I will check the .TT bit in a while. Thx for the answer!

Benanna: If In is true longer then OUTtime I want the the Out to be False, So it has to trigged on the rise. My knowledge in ladder logic is low, my program only contains blocks and text. But if its much easier with ladder then ofc I can try it.

Last edited:
Just solved the problem. "In" -> "SETD", "Out" from "SETD" -> "TimerEnable" on "TONR", (5000 into "PRE"), "TT" as "out", and "DN" back to "Reset" on "SETD".

Hope you understand my solution