Set points on a triplex system

indykins

Hello,

I have no training in maintaining potable water systems, so forgive me if some of my terminology is far off the mark or if I'm focusing on the wrong things. I have a VFD controlled triplex system (each pump with it's own VFD), with 3 variable rate pumps, each run by a 5hp, 60Hz motor. Each pump has about a 45gpm discharge rate at 100%, and they're all set up in an alternating lead, lag, lag configuration. I need to maintain a constant 70psi output pressure. The water system normally uses between 5-100gpm each day... averaging about 20gpm over a week. Lead pump is currently set to alternate every 12 hours.

I don't have any user manuals for the system and I'm unable to readily find anything online, but I'd like to confirm that the current set points are at least in the ball park. The system currently runs smoothly enough, however I recently had one pump go down and I've noticed some wide pressure fluctuations while it's been offline during repairs, which I'm assuming may be due to the hand off protocol for the two remaining pumps. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'll see if I can't attach a picture of the lead pump setup screen.

Attachments

• 20240404_175536.jpg
    20240404_175536.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 10