Setting a tag to the USB port on PV800

Ckoch

I have a USB port RFID Scanner I am using for badging users into certain access levels in an HMI. I know that I could create a 'login' button that ties to a tag and have certain visibility attached to that. But, I was wondering if there is anyway I could have a tag automatically update if a badge is scanned (Not require a button press to login). Basically, just have a tag that views any USB input at any time?

I am using CCW and a PV800; My RFID Scanner is essentially a USB Keyboard

You can place a string entry on the screen and tie it to a function key. The keyboard would need to be programmed to send the function key before the badge data. Not sure what you would do with it after that.

You can place a string entry on the screen and tie it to a function key. The keyboard would need to be programmed to send the function key before the badge data. Not sure what you would do with it after that.

+1

You can assign function keys to individual buttons, including a login button.

What RFID reader are you using? If you have the ability to configure exactly what ASCII characters are being sent whenever a badge is scanned, you can likely automate the process to where no button presses are required whatsoever, for one or two-factor logins. Works well on PVP6/7, haven't implemented on a PV800 but all the key functionality seems to be there. Again, somewhat depends on what badge reader you use and its capabilities.

Thanks everyone! I was able to add a function key as a pre data delimiter and that worked, thanks.