Setting IP in PowerFlex 755 without HIM

phuz

I set the rotary switches to .123 so I could connect with DriveExec or CCW, and then I changed the IP to what I really wanted (10.1.32.32), disabled BOOTP, turned the rotary switches back to 777, and cycled power on the drive. This worked for the first drive, but it is not working with the other two. When I cycle power, it goes back into BOOTP. I have to set the IP with rotary switches to connect again. Am I missing something?

Oh, and BOOTP doesn't work. It fails to set it, which is why I am trying to do it through software.

Last edited:
I've have a string of issues after converting to Windows 10 where the software won't turn Boot-P off properly. The work around I've been using has been to use Boot-P to initially set the IP address, but then navigate to the device with CCW or DriveExplorer (or whatever software I can navigate to the drive with to set parameters) and change the parameter from there. It's slightly annoying, but it also allows me to go ahead and check the other parameters and make a backup while I'm there, so not a complete waste.