Setting speed parameters to a powerflex 525

Aub1996

Hello,

I am playing around with a Powerflex 525, I am able to run the drive via RSlogix 5000 over ethernet.

I am curious on how to set drive speed (Hz) from logix to the drive.

Would I use a MSG to move the speed into the O.FreqCommand?

If anyone has time to help / draw up and snip a rung with it set up.

Thanks in advance!

Would I use a MSG to move the speed into the O.FreqCommand?
No need for MSG if you have it set up in your IO tree (which it sounds like you do since you have O.FreqCommand). Just MOV your desired speed (or directly edit for testing purposes). iirc default units are .01Hz.

You may need to set the speed source in the drive.

Yes, like that, except that would set the speed reference to 1,000Hz.

There are also Start and Stop commands in the output data structure that you need to use to start and stop the drive. I'd recommend searching this forum for threads on the topic and doing some reading because there's a bit of nuance to it. If you don't do that, the tl;dr version is: only send the start command until you see that the drive is running (.Active in the input data image), and only send the stop command until you see that the drive is no longer running (again using .Active). Don't send the stop command continuously.

The drive has certain parameters that determine where it gets its speed reference and it's start reference. Both of those will need to be set to "Ethernet/IP" if you want to control the drive in this manner.