SFC conversion from PLC-5 to Logix

phuz

I admittedly have used SFC very little over my career so far, but need to convert a PLC-5 program which has a decent amount of SFC code to Logix.
One of the things I noticed right off the bat is the PLC-5 has the EOT ladder instruction while the Logix instruction has the same with a State Bit added. I am guessing we use this bit instead of using a routine number for an Action.

Since the conversion utility doesn't convert SFC, I'm looking for any tips that may make the re-write easier.
Thanks!

Hello,
In 2013 I have successfully done conversion from PLC5 to Controllogix which has SFC language. It's more then 5 years already so few things are forgot already. Here are two points I thought is important:

1. I remember that times during start-up we face problem with the SFC sequences which takes another day to solve. I just open that project right now. It's the SFC Execution which you can find in Controller Properties. Goto SFC Execution tab, the default setting of "Last scan of active steps" is "Don't scan" in my case it's not working properly. So then I change to "Automatic Reset" then it works

2. For Step and Transition, at the end of the subroutine which is called in it "Steps" I make an output bit (OTE) which also mean "end of subroutine", this bit then used for it's Transition to go to nexr step.

Hope this help someone,somewhere...