Sharpening Machine using S7-200 and Touch panel

jonney

We had a sharpening machine. It used Siemens S7-200. The touch panel Simatic 6AV6642-0DC01-1AX0 can't be used but still got display. How to retrieve the software inside the touch panel. What software can connect and edit the program in touch panel?

I attach two pictures of touch panel.

Screenshot_20200904_142859.jpg Screenshot_20200904_142923.jpg

Last edited:
There is a utility called prosave where you can save a copy of the application and download it to a new panel, however, I believe this panel is no longer supported but spares or repair may be available.
Here is a link to Siemens prosave.

The image that you upload from the OP177B cannot be edited !
It can only be downloaded to an identical OP177B.

You can start be attempting to retreive the image using Prosave.
If that goes well, you can try to get a spare OP177B. They are being sold by resellers and on ebay.

Here is the link:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/de/en/view/10347815

Thanks.
The image can't be edit, can I open and see the tag address in software?

What is latest replacement for this panel (6AV6642-0DC01-1AX0)? Siemens website says 6AV6642-0DC01-1AX1 is the successor, but they also say it is discontinue as well.

The best approach for me is to retrieve the touch panel program then convert to Wonderware Intouch using a cheap desktop with touch screen.

The image can't be edit, can I open and see the tag address in software?
No, no tags can be seen in the image. If you do not have or cannot get the original WinCC flexible project, then you have to reverse engineer it.

If you're interested to see which Siemens panels can connect to the S7-200, see this link:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/14188898/which-hmi-components-can-you-connect-with-s7-200-cpu-and-what-should-you-watch-out-for-when-doing-so-?dti=0&pnid=14929&lc=en-US

The newer panels start with KTP at the bottom of the list. I think it is possible to plug a USB mouse into the OP177 if it's the touchscreen that is not working.

I would consider migrating the PLC to an S7-1200 as well.

Last edited:
The screen was hit and failed to start. It can't be connected with my USB Serial Port (COM3,9600). On the board, there're 4 DIPs, All are at OFF position. Are they correct for PC communication?

I am regret not to stepping in early to make a backup.

Anyway, how to get the image? I used ProSave V9.0.4.0.

Screenshot_20200905_134118.jpg Screenshot_20200905_134104.jpg

Last edited: