Shift DB X Bytes Siemens S7300

Rusty_K

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to shift the values of an entire DB up or down by X bytes (In my particular case it's 18 Bytes shifted up) Unfortuately the "Block Move" and "Fill" SFCs dont allow overlapping source and destination targets. The freed space ( Bottom 18 bytes after shift) should have "zero" values. Seems to me like this is a pretty basic question..sorry I'm still fairly new to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly for your time

Cheers,

R.K.

An Idea....

A quick look through the SFC blocks gave me an idea. :

- use SFC 22 to creat a DB
- use BlkMov to transfer the the part of my original DB I wish to shift, to the newly created DB
- use BlkMove again to transfer data values in my newly created DB to my original DB, shifted up 18 bytes
- Finally use SFC 23 to delete the newly created DB

Is this at all a good idea? Is there a more efficent way of shifting the 18 bytes?
Cheers,

R.K.

Right on...so this worked fairly well...and on my first try!

Still, any feedback from you pros out there will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

R.K.