Shut down Server Procedure Scada

Abn

Hi,
I need to upgrade the ups on the FactoryTalk Scada Servers.
I have a primary server, secondary server and Historian server.

1) Is there a procedure to follow to shut down all of these servers?

2) Is there a procedure to follow to turn them on?

Regards

If it were me I would update the Secondary first, then the Primary, then the Historian

If the original programmer got his ducks in a row, you won't lose any data or have any downtime.

As Janner_10 says, shutdown one at a time and move over to the new UPS, starting with the secondary.

It may be worth taking things a step further, and install a bypass switch. That way in future you can work on the UPS without needing to shut everything down.

For our critical servers we install an automatic transfer switch so if the UPS fails, everything reverts back to mains automatically.

As Janner_10 says, shutdown one at a time and move over to the new UPS, starting with the secondary.

It may be worth taking things a step further, and install a bypass switch. That way in future you can work on the UPS without needing to shut everything down.

For our critical servers we install an automatic transfer switch so if the UPS fails, everything reverts back to mains automatically.

Thanks for the advice, I will recommend it.