SICK CLV62x Barcode Scanner

spukemiszer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

On-site we currently have various CLV62x Scanners, these scanners connect via ethercat to a beckhoff PLC,
We wish however to use the Ethernet/IP Function of just 1 scanner to communicate directly to our Warehousing Database.

We have on site software and database developers who are ready to engage this project however we wish to know how to Develop or utilise an existing EDS file to extract data from the scanner.

Else a further option is to attempt to use an existing AB1769 with ethernet but the scanner sits on a different subnet and communcations thus far have failed, this may be rectified by a direct connection or pleads to the IT community to redirect subnets.

Does anyone have experience with SICK scanners and communications over Ethernet/IP or are familiar with the Beckhoff TwinCat 2 systems and Sick EDS and are able to help send a message from the Beckhoff system to our own Database?

First time poster, although many time reader.

I used several SICK 63x scanners and the SICK AOI and they work very well. Not sure if the AOI works with the 62x scanners.

Hi All,

Else a further option is to attempt to use an existing AB1769 with ethernet but the scanner sits on a different subnet and communcations thus far have failed, this may be rectified by a direct connection or pleads to the IT community to redirect subnets.

First time poster, although many time reader.

Have you looked into an additional Ethernet adapter for the compactlogix that could sit on the same network as the scanner?

Hi JaxGTO, Excuse me if im dumbfounded but im not sure ive got any knowledge on AOI or the meaning of it?

Maxkling, This would currently only be for testing functionality, as the CompactLogix is installed onto a machine and only runs the functions intended for that machine, if i can prove that its working correctly im sure i could pull a string or 3 and get a dedicated CLogix for this and future instances.

Ill have a chat now to IT and see if i can get a Static ip on the subnet routed for this scanner.

Although best preference is still to attempt a custom communications applet, else we still need to extract data from the CLogix -> Oracle Database