Siemens 314 CPU

Good day
I recently Changed a screen on a Machine from OP7 to KP400 Comfort using TIA portal v12.

since the change the communication is a bit of a issue, it is running on a palletizing machine and if 3 specific motors (and only those 3) run The communications cuts out totally. All the motors run on VSD's and at different speeds.

This looked to me like a "noise" problem

I have tried the following:
1. Cleared the PLC and screen and reloaded both
2. Replaced the MPI cable with a better screened wire (6 core twisted pair with 3 screens) connecting only one side of the screens.
3. Removed the comms wire from the electrical cabinet and ran it outside and away from any possible source of noise.
4. Installed a ferrite on one side and the on both sides.
5. Deactivated the other port on the HMI.

but I get no change to the problem.

If someone had a similar problem before and could point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it.

Thanx

Replaced the MPI cable with a better screened wire (6 core twisted pair with 3 screens) connecting only one side of the screens.
Use Profibus cable and connectors. And connect the screen to a ground bar by a fat clamp over the braid, not just in the connector.

Do you have a good quality ground ?

On the motor side, are the motor cables screened ?

HI Jesper
The CPu does not support profibus (to old and small).
The ground is good yes
I will look at connecting the screen to the ground bar and replacing the motor cables.

I like the Idea of getting rid of the problem instead of "hiding" the comms cable

thanx a mil

hai....

i had come cross this problem ..maybe it work for you i not sure ..but i does for me ..

1) use screen profibus cable..which not share with motor power cable .
2) seperated ground for control panel (mimic board / where plc and relay located)
3) seperated high motor KW and Inveter (vfd ground)
VFD crate high harmonic if using for bigger KW motor

Hi Kalle

I am no expert on comms. I noted that the MPI plug uses 3 wires and MPI only 2 I am not sure what they are used for but will go investigate that option.

thanx

Thanx for all the help.
I replaced all the motor wires with screen wires and earthed the screen from the HMI (only one side). I also removed a bridge between the 0v and earth that was placed by someone else.
I also rerouted the HMI wire to be separate from all other wires.
My problem is now resolved.

regards