Siemens CP 343-2 Asi master configuration

Stuwertz

Hi all ,

We have a trouble in CP 343-2 Asi master module having issue . When we replace new module we followed the procedure like below. But after configuration the “CER” blinks in orange.

1. Plc in stop mode
2. Pressed set button to access configuration mode ( (CM led lit )
3. Pressed set button to store the available configuration
4. Changed to fun mode

Can any one help us how to fix this issue

Years since I last used the CP on Siemens but I think most have a similar way of configuring a new slave. I'm assuming that you have had a node go down & you have replaced it.
There are a couple of things, not sure about Siemens card but when put into config mode, there are two ways configure the new slave with the correct address & when the card is in config mode let it scan, and press the button (Not sure on the CP card), it should find the node If a node has the default address "0" then providing there is only one node missing it should configure it to the missing node (no need to use the ASI programmer to program the node), however, if the new node has an address other than 0 or not the correct address it will show an error. I have known people to get the addressing in a right mess, this usually happens if they delete a slave address in config mode, have more than one node in fault & replace a node with wrong address or two with 0 address.

Years since I last used the CP on Siemens but I think most have a similar way of configuring a new slave. I'm assuming that you have had a node go down & you have replaced it.
There are a couple of things, not sure about Siemens card but when put into config mode, there are two ways configure the new slave with the correct address & when the card is in config mode let it scan, and press the button (Not sure on the CP card), it should find the node If a node has the default address "0" then providing there is only one node missing it should configure it to the missing node (no need to use the ASI programmer to program the node), however, if the new node has an address other than 0 or not the correct address it will show an error. I have known people to get the addressing in a right mess, this usually happens if they delete a slave address in config mode, have more than one node in fault & replace a node with wrong address or two with 0 address.

Actually the issue with ASi master only .no issue on slave modules . Need to know how to configure new master module

To be honest I cannot remember, I don't think I ever changed one so only remember downloading the code, maybe you have to somehow re-program the settings in the PLC. I know that the addresses for the slaves is stored in the card & on the last one I did (Mitsubishi) I just had to let the card re-scan the nodes & store it that was it. If I remember correctly, I put it into configure mode, it scanned the addresses, checked that the addresses were correct & stored the config, however, I did forget to store it to the flash & on a power down it lost it's config.