Siemens CP5511

master-yoda

I have just installed Step 7 ver. 5.3 but I have a problem.
My CP5511 card has an error. When I want to diagnostic in PC-PG Interface it has an error: Error 0x0316: Hardware device already assigned.
I reinstalled the card dirver, but the problem is the same.
How can I make this problem?
My config: Windows XP-SP2 HP-Omnibook Xe3 256Mb

Thanks,

Master-Yoda

Hello "master".

I do not know this exact error message, but it does sound like there is a Windows ressource conflict somewhere.
Try to go into the Windows Control Panel .. System .. Device Manager and look for something that conflicts with the CP5511 (it may not be easy if you are not used to peddle with the Device Manager).

You can also try to go to Siemens FAQ and Support site.
Search for "CP5511", and you will get numerous hits, including a checklist.

One thing that you can check is if your PC supports 16-bit PCMCIA cards (which is what the CP5511 is). Some newer PCs only support 32-bit cards.

Another problem is that I dont think that the CP5511 is released for Win XP SP2. I have it working with Win XP SP1a.
However, there is a chance that it is NOT a problem. I have installed the CP5611 (not the CP5511) on Win XP SP2 systems with no problems. Just thought that I would mention it.

Hello 'Master',

the problem you have is that the CP5511 card must be assigned to an address in the D-segment.
See link http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/19279714

I had the same problem: my network cards were attached to that address range, so the CP card could not be assigned to the D-segment.
What I did was following:
I downloaded the alternate driver from siemens on
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/9853739/CP5511INF.exe?

-I deleted the CP card from the hardware configuration of the PC
-I deleted the network cards from the hardware configuration; this made the D-segment available again
-I reinserted the CP card, XP recognised new hardware. Manually choosed the new driver.
-I manually assigned the CP card to memory area 000D1000-000D8FFF and 000D000 - 000D0FFF, IRQ 7 (this IRQ was free)
-Next, I rebooted the PC. XP found my network cards again, and assigned an other memory area, not conflicting the CP card.
It may be needed to run the tool (CP5511INF.exe) that comes with the siemens download, and assign the addresses again. Choose 'Configuration 2 32KB', which coveres the address range thats filled in.

Now its working fine.

I hope you're problem can be solved now.

Kind regards, John van Dijk