Siemens CPU314 and OP17 via MPI ???

phil

P
Hi all.
I have a CPU314 (no DP!) and a OP17. Is it possible to set the leds on the OP and read
the keys when both are connected over MPI ?
Both stations 'see' each other, because when I remove the cable, the OP generates the error : PLC address 2 not possible.
However I can't read the keys or set the leds... Do I have to use special functions blocks to initiate the data transfer or is this not possible ?
Thanks in advance !

Thank you for the reply.
Do you mean the areapointers on the OP ?
Yes, I did. If you mean on the PLC : no.If this is the problem, how can I do this. I know if you connect an OP via DP, the leds and keys become a part of the IO area of the plc.

It does sound like an area pointer problem. You'll need to assign the area pointers and LED assignment in Protool. Also, go to Screen - System Keys to assign the LEDs (just click on the LED and then set the bit that will bring it on). If memory serves me correct, you can set the bit that will come on when the key is pressed from in there too.

Good luck...

:)

Thank you all for the brainstroming, but it works well now... The error ? I really don't know. I made a new project with exact the same configuration, downloaded it, and there it is ! The funny thing is when I reload the previous project, it works now also !!!!
Anyway thank you all for the replies - This topic may be closed.