Siemens Devicenet module EDS file

Microbictomb

Can anyone help me find the .eds file for a Siemens Devicenet module, P/N: 5136-DNS-200S Revision 2.004?

I tried using "Download EDS file" in RSNetWorx but it can't find it and all the files I found were for different revisions and RSNetWorx says they don't match the unit.

Thanks,
Jon

1756-L63 ControlLogix with a 1756-DNB module. Everything is part of an old test stand except the controller. It was the only thing missing from the stand so when I added mine from another bench I had to start everything over from scratch. I've managed to get everything up and running, re-wired the entire bench and labeled everything. Devicenet is good to go, Controlnet as well. All except this Siemens I/O. I found the file like I said, matches the part number of the device but RSNetworx says they do not match.

I read through that post and that's not really what my issue is, I don't need it to show up in the RSLogix 5k tree, I just need a valid EDS file that RSNetworx will recognize and I should be good from there.

Can you post a link to the closest EDS files you can find ?

The 5136 part number suggests this is an old SST module. SST has been spun off, acquired, re-organized, and incorporated in several different incarnations in the past 30 years, but Molex is the current corporate owner of those technologies.

If the EDS gives you configurable parameters, it will take some work to get it functioning.

If it's only an identity document, we should be able to put together a basic "stub" EDS so that it's recognizable by RSNetworx.

Browse the DeviceNet with RSLinx, and right-click to select "Module Properties" so that you can figure out what the actual Product Type, Product Code, and Major and Minor Revision are.

Those will help you figure out what the closest EDS file is.

Can you post a link to the closest EDS files you can find ?

The 5136 part number suggests this is an old SST module. SST has been spun off, acquired, re-organized, and incorporated in several different incarnations in the past 30 years, but Molex is the current corporate owner of those technologies.

If the EDS gives you configurable parameters, it will take some work to get it functioning.

If it's only an identity document, we should be able to put together a basic "stub" EDS so that it's recognizable by RSNetworx.

http://www.molex.com/molex/mysst/searchBrad.action;jsessionid=hkCoPmJ+ASHF2m9RDzn6FLJt.molex0

Browse the DeviceNet with RSLinx, and right-click to select "Module Properties" so that you can figure out what the actual Product Type, Product Code, and Major and Minor Revision are.

Those will help you figure out what the closest EDS file is.

Product type: 0
Product code: 25633
Revision: 1.011

For the 5136-DNS-200S EDS files go here...

http://www.molex.com/molex/mysst/doCenter.action

In the top box...

"1. Select which categories you wish to include in your search:"

...just select...

"Software / Drivers (Product CD, installation software, firmware files, Utilities, EDS/GSD Files...)

Leave 2. and 3. alone.

For the next box...

"Option 1 - Select the Product Lines and/or Search by Part Number"

...just select...

"Brad® PC Network Interface Cards (NIC)"

In the drop-down box to the right select at the top of the list...

"5136-DNS/DNH-200S"

...and click "Go" beside that.

You should now see a list of available EDS files for these DeviceNet Adapters.

Regards,
George

5136-DNS-200S_EDS.jpg

For the 5136-DNS-200S EDS files go here...

http://www.molex.com/molex/mysst/doCenter.action

In the top box...

"1. Select which categories you wish to include in your search:"

...just select...

"Software / Drivers (Product CD, installation software, firmware files, Utilities, EDS/GSD Files...)

Leave 2. and 3. alone.

For the next box...

"Option 1 - Select the Product Lines and/or Search by Part Number"

...just select...

"Brad® PC Network Interface Cards (NIC)"

In the drop-down box to the right select at the top of the list...

"5136-DNS/DNH-200S"

...and click "Go" beside that.

You should now see a list of available EDS files for these DeviceNet Adapters.

Regards,
George

This is what I originally found, I ran it as you stated but it still says they do not match.

Maybe I'm not looking at this correctly or RS isn't? The part number on the device matches but the revision on it says 2.004. RS says the revision is 1.011. I tried the two closest off this list which were 2.005 and 1.012 and both show as "The supplied file does not match the device".

The identity information in the EDS file has to match the identity information reported by the device over the network.

What does RSLinx report for the Vendor number ? It should be a value of 8, or the name "SST".

The product Type, Product Code, and Major Revision must also match. If you look at the [Device] section of the 200S EDS file, you see:

Code:
[Device]
	VendCode    = 8;
	VendName    = "SST";
	ProdType    = 12;
	ProdTypeStr = "Communication Adapter";
	ProdCode    = 413;
	MajRev      = 1;
	MinRev      = 12;
	ProdName    = "200S Adapter";
	Catalog     = "0";

It seems like the firmware in that device has been set for a Product Type of 0, instead of the proper Product Type value of 12 (a Communications Adapter).

Similarly, the module reports a Product Code of 25633, not 413. Not even close.

So either the module's been loaded with the wrong firmware, or we're looking at a module that's not really an SST-built 200S DeviceNet adapter.

I haven't downloaded the configuration tool from SST. Maybe it has some sort of firmware loader in it.

Vendor number 243 is Schneider Electric.

Are you certain you are looking at the correct device via the network browse ? Disconnect it and see if the node still shows up in a browse.

Vendor number 243 is Schneider Electric.

Are you certain you are looking at the correct device via the network browse ? Disconnect it and see if the node still shows up in a browse.

That was it Ken... Another device inside a Square D box I hadn't looked into yet. Had the Siemens node set to 3 and it wouldn't see it, changed it to 2 and it pulled it right up with the correct eds file already...:sick:

Excellent ! Thanks for posting that followup.

Sounds like you've got a challenging bunch of multi-vendor networked devices to work on.