Siemens Drive G120 IO address

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

CPU 1517F-3, Drives G120C

Working on a project that is under development, so more IO will be added as we go along, to keep my drives out of the way, I would like to address the IO for the drives from a 1000 and up, I have around 120 drives.

Is there a trick I can use, I have tried to set the IO for the first drive and copy/paste to see if it would add from there, but it jumps back to the first available address.

Is the long way, the only one, where I go into each drive to set the address?

/Holmux

120 drives !
I have never had that many.

I dont know a trick to automatically have a certain range.
The easiest way to edit the IO addresses is to open the Device View of the CPU that controls the drives, and then pull out the pane in the righthand side called Device Data.
The IO addresses can then be edited in a list instead of having to open up the properties of each device.

I'm sure I've seen a tick box somewhere to set things to follow the next available IO numbering, but not only can I not remember where it is, because it's a tick box I don't think it's configurable to that level.

You could try adding a pile of fictional analog units to take up all your IO numbering and then remove it all once the drives are in.

Yes, it will allocate the next free address following the copied drive. (tested using TIA V17)

Last edited:
I think what OP is saying is that they have plenty of free space in their project, but all drives need to be address 1000+
Drive 1: 1000-1020
Drive 2: 1020-1040
etc.

But what it's doing is allocated Drive 2 to say address 14-34 instead because that's also free.

I've just done it in TIA Portal V15.1 and when I copy and pasted a drive it took the next addresses to the one I had copied from.

So What LD said is correct.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the feedback.
I think maybe V15.1 works differently, or it is a setting somewhere.
I have the same issue as Holmux, but it is not so aggrevating to me since I dont have 120 drives :)

I haven't changed any settings.

I had a drive that started at IW980 and ended at IW998.

Copied this drive and pasted, and the addresses started at IW1000 and ended at IW1018.

Same with the ouptuts.

Albeit this is with a Danfoss drive, but I suspect its the same.

Cheers

Mark

I haven't changed any settings.

I had a drive that started at IW980 and ended at IW998.

Copied this drive and pasted, and the addresses started at IW1000 and ended at IW1018.

Same with the ouptuts.

Albeit this is with a Danfoss drive, but I suspect its the same.

Cheers

Mark

I have tryid all combinations, adding a few drives in the right order above 1000, but *** soon I make a copy/paste I am back to first available address.

All the other equipment I have on the profinet, I have been able to copy/paste the unit and the address follow up I order, but not with these drives :☹