Siemens Drive Monitor, is it free?

Johnny T

This is probably a silly question as far as Siemens is concerned but does anyone know whether you have to pay for the Drive Monitor software. I've been doing some work on some Simovert SC's recently and they have a gizillion parameters (roughly), I think the DriveMon software would help.

Someone I work with thought it was free with the drives?

Also, does anyone have a pin out for a 9 pin D type male to 9 pin D type male lead to plug into the drive and the com 1 port on my laptop.

I've searched the Siemens online labyrinth but couldn't find any info on this subject.

Cheers

JT :)

Mike, Rolf,

A big thanks for your help.

Rolf, I'm downloading the software now. I'll get on to Siemens and see how much the leads are.

Brilliant job. You've saved me loads of time copying out one set of parameters and then inputting it into another drive...

Thanks

:D

I know its a bit late seeing as you have the drives, but have you had a look at the SEW drive units. They have a local programmer that you can transfer settings from one drive to another, also free software to do it on pc.

Use them a lot and found to be very user friendly.

Kirso,

I haven't seen those. I prefer the Danfoss drives to be honest. I don't know why Siemens insist on making every bit of kit soooo complicated that without a training course your knackered. The manuals normally tell you just enough to get you in the mire, but not enough to tell you how to get back out again.

Its bloody annoying.

I didn't decide what drives to use. If it had of been up to me then Siemens would have been my very last choice.

:)

kirso said:
They have a local programmer that you can transfer settings from one drive to another,

So do Siemens.

The OP1S (6se7090-0xx84-2fk0) is an operator panel that has the ability to upload/download and store parameters, I am not sure how much it can store, but on mine I have the parameters from 6 of our drives.

Paul

Johnny,

Heres the scoop-
Yes, Drive Monitor is free. It is included with all the Masterdrives.
The readme file with Drive Monitor has the pin out. You dont need any adapters for RS232 to X300 on the drive. But if your drive is an SC then its an older drive. The 6SE70MC replaced the SC. That drive will do anything- have some patience and read the manual.
Heres the pin out

A point-to-point connection (RS232) between the PC and one MASTERDRIVES converter is only possible using the SST1 interface of the converter.
For PC (COMx) and PG7xx (COM2):
Pin 2 ---> Pin 7 (X300)
Pin 3 ---> Pin 2 (X300)
Pin 5 ---> PIN 9-1-5 (X300)
A complete connecting cable (length 3m) is available with
order No.: 6SX7005-0AB00.
Bus operation is possible with the serial interfaces SST1 and SST2. See also 2.1).

JRW

Thanks for the comprehensive answer mate. Much appreciated. I've got hold of Drive Monitor. I'll get one of those cables made up tomorrow and hopefully be ready to rock n roll...

Cheers

JT :)

drivermonitor windows7

Can drivermonitor v5.4sp3 run on windows7 ultimate?
Is there any newest version?