Siemens Media Redundancy Manager Role

JDCROCKETT724

I am setting up my first ring with siemens. There are two manager roles to select. "Manager" and "Manager (auto)" What is the difference between these two roles? I am having trouble finding documentation on what they are.

Hi, the Manager (auto) lets the switch check if there is another MRP supervisor in the MRP ring, whereas the Manager will attemtp to become the manager without checking. If you only have one MRP supervisor it does not make any difference which setting you choose.

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a problem with Media Redundancy. My config in test is like this: When I disconnect 1 side, the red lights goes on and the slave...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm setting up a modbus master on an S7-300. It seems to work in OB1 but not when I use it in OB35. Does anyone have any ideas why? Could...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi need help why this “failure 5 emergency stop “ appears at every startup in the morning ? Have to shut off main switch at least 10 times on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom