Siemens Media Redundancy Manager Role

JDCROCKETT724

I am setting up my first ring with siemens. There are two manager roles to select. "Manager" and "Manager (auto)" What is the difference between these two roles? I am having trouble finding documentation on what they are.

Hi, the Manager (auto) lets the switch check if there is another MRP supervisor in the MRP ring, whereas the Manager will attemtp to become the manager without checking. If you only have one MRP supervisor it does not make any difference which setting you choose.

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a problem with Media Redundancy. My config in test is like this: When I disconnect 1 side, the red lights goes on and the slave...
Replies
Views
Good morning, all I am very new to siemens family and to STL, i have been playing for two days now and manage to get the scaling do in STL. Now...
Replies
Views
Hi! What is the way to convert the code from the Codesys code to the Tia Portal? Regards, WK
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , It has been decades since I have done anything with Siemens . What is the Siemens name of their Servo Product Line and what...
Replies
Views
I'm using the Siemens PRONETA software to do some IO testing currently. I love the simplicity and fast testing capability. Does anyone know about...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom