siemens micro memory card

julbukki

I have little unclear how this Siemens memory works. For now i have problem that my load memory (mmc) is over 80% full so i have to upgrade it to bigger.
My question is what happends to my code?
I really hasn really understand in manager "copy ram to rom" what that does?
Can this upgrade be done while running cpu normally?
Can i use other brand than siemens? Like normal high quality mmc with 512 mb capacity?
Any other info about this is highly appreciated?

julbukki said:
I have little unclear how this Siemens memory works. For now i have problem that my load memory (mmc) is over 80% full so i have to upgrade it to bigger.
Also check if you work memory isnt filled up. Work memory cannot be expanded.

julbukki said:
I really hasn really understand in manager "copy ram to rom" what that does?
It doesnt do anything important ! With the CPUs with the MMC card, the code is always loaded to the MMC card. And the actual values of DBs that are set to be "retain" is always stored on the MMC upon power-down.

julbukki said:
Can this upgrade be done while running cpu normally?
No.

julbukki said:
Can i use other brand than siemens?
Yes. There are 3rd party suppliers such as Deltalogic and Helmholz.

julbukki said:
Like normal high quality mmc with 512 mb capacity?
No. They wont work. even if they could it would be extremely foolish to try and use a flashcard that isnt industrially spec.

mmc

So if i understood you corretly i have to powerdown cpu, swicth that card to bigger (Siemens brand) and then turn cpu "run" and then do i have to download everything again (ingluding hardware)? Work memory is only a few percxent filled. I used mmc from smaller cpu for this so this is only 65k i think.

julbukki said:
So if i understood you corretly i have to powerdown cpu, swicth that card to bigger (Siemens brand) and then turn cpu "run" and then do i have to download everything again (ingluding hardware)?
Correct. Only, wait to switch it to RUN until after you have downloaded HW Config and program.