Siemens Modbus PN block using S7-314 and RMC30

DLMUK

Hi all,

I have been struggling for a while trying to get Modbus TCP/IP comms setup using the MODBUS_PN block with an S7-314. I was using a Netgear switch, Siemens told me this was most likely the cause of the problem so I have replaced it with a Siemens XB108... surprisingly it hasn't solved the problem.

I am adamant (not adam ant) that it is a config problem. Has anyone got any experience of setting up the MODBUS_PN block or using an RMC30?

I currently have the RMC30 setup as a MODBUS Server, and my S7 setup as a MODBUS Client. IP addresses etc match, I can open ports 502 using cmd telnet session.

When i view online TIA portal shows that there is a connection established between the two but I cannot access any data!!

Thanks,