Siemens Networking Help

kbradray

I have a couple of 315 2PN/DP processors on the same subnet. I want to use the GET and PUT FBs to pull and push data from PLC to PLC. Can anyone provide information on how to create the network? I don't know if netpro is the solution or other ways.

Any help is appreciates.

I have a couple of 315 2PN/DP processors on the same subnet. I want to use the GET and PUT FBs to pull and push data from PLC to PLC. Can anyone provide information on how to create the network? I don't know if netpro is the solution or other ways.

Any help is appreciates.

Hello kbradray;
Yes, you have to use Netpro to establish a "connection" between the 2 CPUs before you program the SFC14 and SFC 15 (GET and PUT) functions. You will need the connection ID in order to program these.
Have a look at the following FAQ from Siemens, it discusses the requirements for Get/Put comms, and includes a downloadable program that you can use to prepare your own project:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/18610307
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier