Siemens Profibus Connection

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a remote I/O station but have ran into a few difficulties. In my panel i have:

* A power supply ( PS 307 2A )
* CPU ( 315-2DP)
* Profibus Comms Module ( CP 342-5 )

Then i have set up a remote station which includes a:

* ET200M ( 153-1 )
* DI/DO Card (SM323)

Ok so i have my have my hardware configuration set up in my program (Screen Grab is attached, just ignore all the I/O in the main panel).

I compile it and it all checks out fine, but when i download it i get the Bus Fault light flashing at me on the CP342-5 & the ET200M.

On looking into the diagnostics it says that it is not being polled and that the station is Non-Existent and Deactivated.

Do i need to put any code in to reference the module? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Mark

Siemens Diagnostics.jpg Siemens HW_Config.jpg

I know this doesn't answer your question, but why are you using a CP342-5 when you have a DP port on the 315 ?

I was using the equipment that had been supplied and the panel builders had connected the HMI to the DP port. I have now put all of the remote I/O and the HMI on the same profibus using the DP port and removed the CP342-5 altogether.

It all works fine but if this is the case what is the use for the CP342-5 module?

You have to add a function in the program. For ex. in OB1.
This function is for the communication, on the backplane, between the CPU (CPU325-2DP) and CP-card (CP342-5).

The functions to add are FC1 and 2 from the Simatic Net CP library. (CP-300 and so on)

So you missed this little detail and this info is avialble in manual for this CP-card.

That's all for now