Siemens Programming Software

While hiring someone might be less expensive right now, getting the software is advantageous for troubleshooting later, too. By the way this machine is designed, I can see that likely down the road. We already see two different alarms for which nothing is in the manual. Furthermore, we probably need to modify the on portion of the operation to work differently than designed (the vendor is aware of this and has agreed it is a reasonable request. Since their programmers are in Germany, it's likely they will agree to let me do the changes as a cost savings for everyone.)

As for the software, I'll give the trial download a shot and test my connection as suggested.

Genius - I would love to buy my cable directly from you (should I need it), however our Corporate Buyers do not allow us to buy from anyone that is not already on their "Approved Vendors" list and getting on that list is a major ordeal. Not all is necessarily lost, though - there are a couple of vendors who will buy and resell to us if the final, marked-up overall price is good, we might still be able to do business.

PLC - thanks for the reference to Wesco. I will have to see if they are an approved vendor. They probably are.

Steve