Siemens s5 135u cpu problem

mouhab_ah

Good morning
Please i need an advise,
I have a s5 135u cpu system , it is installed on printing machine.
Nowadays its stop about 10 times in 8 hours.
It give me qvs, and basp led and sometimes adf, and basp led.
I connect it to step5 and attached to you s screen shot of istack
Could you please told me which input module is damaged.

IMG_20210202_223550.jpg IMG_20210202_223347.jpg

QVZ is I/O timeout it sounds like you have a faulty card or bad connector to the card, I have had this mainly on analogue cards using direct access i.e. L PIWxxx or cyclic update of the I/O.
A major problem on some of these older racks is dirty connectors in the rack or dry joints, try removing & re-inserting the I/O cards this may clean the contacts enough. make sure it is powered down obviously.
Some years since used S5 but the address it stopped at is BLK-STOP at the top of the screen I believe there is a way to jump to this location, I think the address shown turns out to be 2 steps in front of the offending instruction so for example if the address xxx says XF, then two locations before is where it is probably accessing some I/O.
As there do not appear to be any data in the DB-ADD & accumulators it does sound like it's on I/O refresh this is happening i.e. before or after program scan.

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply, i tried to clean the cards, but the result is the same, could you be more specific , because i'm not aware enough in step 5 .
The vek-address that it gave me is F268 , is that meaning any thing , and for your note about blk-stp 00E0 how i can find it .

it's best if you give all the part numbers of all modules in your rack, and any remote racks (S5 expansion racks and/or ET200/Profibus racks). It's possible I24 is indirectly addressed.

And the STEP 5 program, if possible.

I will collect the information, about the part number , but can you send me your mail to send the program to you.