Siemens S5 harware

Sidewinder

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am wondering please if someone could help me out here please.

I have recently replaced a 6ES5095-8MA04 with a 6ES095-8MA03 for a client as this was what they had as a spare.

I did as much research as I could and could find nothing to tell me that there was a specification difference in the units.

However the 03 unit would not work.

Can anyone provide me with, or pointers to, the technical specs to see if there is a difference, or could it just be that the 03 is faulty, even though, it is supposed to be OK?

Generally it worked fine, about 80% of the machine functions worked, it was just one operation that would not function, all the machine functions are identical, there are say 6 off of them and 5 worked, the rest of the general control side worked fine.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Sorry for the spelling error in the title, a bit of a typo, and I can't change it now, I mean hardware!

Last edited: