Siemens S7 1500 V13 - Network Quesiton

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I can see my HMI, Pilz relay, Drive, Switch and the PLC. I can go online with all but the PLC. Any ideas. I can inform you with any specifics if anyone wants. Pretty stuck right now though.

You can use the good old STEP7 "Edit ethernet stations". It works much better than TIA PORTAL "go online and diagnostic, set ip adress".

Hey thanks guys. I will try these tools today. But remember I can see the devices. It shows up when I search for connected devices. But when I perform a diagnostics on them I cannot go online with the PLC. I will monitor this post throughout the day for any other advice and update you after trying these tools.

I checked the ip for the laptop it is different than the PLC and anything else on the network. I shut down my wireless, and opened as administrator TIA. I scanned for online connected devices and found everything on my network. However the PLC showed the dialog box as being grayed out. I downloaded the primary setup tool and it when I hit search network it pops up saying "a network problem has occurred. Please check the networking of the network adapter selected as the online interface and repeat the action"

Thoughts?

For Primary Setup Tool, you will need to make sure you select your PG/PC Interface first (the interface you use to look at the network).

When you say the IP is different, is it in the same subnet? What IP address and subnet mask are your PLC and PC?

Also, I didn't see a response to a very important question boneless asked at the beginning. Can you ping the PLC?

If yes, try to telnet to port 102 (telnet IP.IP.IP.IP 102) of the PLC. If it works, the command prompt should go to a blank screen and youll need to close it. If it doesn't work, it will time out. This can be used to check for blocked ports and other firewall issues.

Hello mk42, I can ping, sorry about not mentioning that. I will look into the telenet port 102 step you mentioned.

The message I got back is "Telnet is not an internal or external recognized command" I typed in (telnet 192.168.0.1 102)
Ideas?

Last edited:
i installed telent as instructed then typed in Telnet 192.168.0.1 102 and here were no error message but nothing happened either.

i installed telent as instructed then typed in Telnet 192.168.0.1 102 and here were no error message but nothing happened either.

When you say "nothing" happened. What was the result of the command? can you post a screenshot? did it just move to the next line of the terminal window? Did the screen go blank?

cmd%20picture.PNG