Siemens S7 300 PLC output card problem

Blue Fox

Hello,

I have had a problem where one of the electricians has taken a 24v signal cable out of a contactor and splashed it down onto a phase, this has obviously damaged the output card along with the one next to it. I have replaced both, one was a 1BL00 32 output card, the other was a 1BH01 16 output card. Unfortunatly I didn't have a spare 16 DO card so replaced with another 32 DO card 1BL00 and modified the hardware profile. Unfortunatly only one side of both of the cards is working - the other side has 24v supply but no output even when forced on plc. The front connectors were replaced as well as a precaution. I'm wondering if the rear joining connectors have been damaged but would think if that was the case the whole card wouldn't work not just one side (16outputs). At the moment im getting by as have moved bits around and am just lacking indication lights however I do need to get these sorted so any sugggestions would be appreciated. In the hardware profile both cards report as all ok - healthy and available.

Thanks in advance for any help.

From memory I believe each side of the cards has separate 0V & 24V supplies. Have you tried swapping these to see if the other side of the card works with the supply switched?

The transistors can only source about 0.5A i belive so if you connect them straight to ground they could be sinked and will look correct inside the software but no indication on the hardware.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, at present I have nothing connected to an output and it is still not lighting up or putting 24v on the output terminal? One side - 16 outputs on both of the replacement cards is dead. As I said above one was a straight swap like for like and the other was a 16 DO but as I didn't have one I fitted a 32 DO instead and modified the hardware profile. Really struggling with this one. Fortunatly with a bit of moving outputs around and linking etc I've kept the plant running but need this back to original really.

Make sure that the IO range in your hardware configuration used for the output card falls with in the processor image size in your hardware config under the "cycle/clock memory" tab.