Siemens S7-417H redundant cpu

Andy32821

I have two siemens S7-417H cpu’s that run as a redundant pair. On the project tree menu both cpu’s are shown but only one S-7 program shows under one of the cpu’s. I have made programming changes to this S7-Program.

My questions:

Do I need to somehow save this revised program to the backup cpu?

If so, how do I do it?

The cpu’s have a memory card in each cpu.

How do I save the revised program to these cards?
Thanks, Andy

Hi, there:

Depend on what kind of memeory card you use. If it is a RAM memory, you can simply download your revised program into CPU because CPU's RAM and your RAM card are simply merged together.

If you use a Flash memory card and your CPU memory is big enough say 1 MB, you can simply download your revised program, and then copy from RAM to ROM.

Hope it can help you.

Best regards,

Jason