Siemens S7

camaroblk68

I have to install a ethernet card on an S7 with a ET200M remote rack and i want to knowe if i can install the card (e-net) in the ET200M group? or does it need to be connected with the S7 prosecer?

I assume that you are talking about installing a CP 343 module. You can install it in an ET200m rack with no problems.

You probably have some type of IM-153 as the connection point to the main rack. The number of slots available in the rack are dependent on this module.

Also, if installing in a sub rack with an IM, you will be limited by the total number of bytes to that rack. All comms to the CPU need to pass through the IM.

I have to install a ethernet card on an S7 with a ET200M remote rack and i want to knowe if i can install the card (e-net) in the ET200M group? or does it need to be connected with the S7 prosecer?

AFAIK an CP343 doesn't work in a ET200M group. The CP343 should be in the rack where the CPU is, or in a extension rack (IM360/361).

Some definitions might be in its place here.

S7-300 modules in expansion-racks connected to the CPU rack via IM360+IM361:

A CP343-1 or any other specialty module that connects via the K-bus (MPI) on the backplane will work OK.

S7-300 modules in expansion-racks connected to the CPU rack via IM365.
or
S7-300 modules in expansion-racks connected to the CPU rack via IM153-1 or IM153-2 or IM153-3 (This is ET200M via DP).
or
S7-300 modules in expansion-racks connected to the CPU rack via IM153-4 (This is ET200M via PN):

A CP343-1 or any other specialty module that connects via the K-bus (MPI) on the backplane will not work. Some CPs that exchange data via the P-bus will work OK, such as CP340.