Siemens Safety PLC Modbus_TCP/IP Comms

TrippleScar

Hi Guys,

My Name is Birdjie, I work for Moore Process Controls in South Africa.

We encountered a problem with one of our FPSO Projects whilst in commisioning phase. I hope you guys could shed some light on the issue.

The system comprises out of the following and the following message is from our guy on the vessel:

"Siemens PCS7 V7.0 with a redundant CPU417-H system with a CP443-1, 6GK7 443-1EX20-0XE0. We are interfacing with 20 CCC devices with MODBUS over TCP/IP, We used the MB_REDCL block. The id's, ladder address, is set up according to netpro connections. On Netpro connection it accentually shows that the connections are established to each CCC device. However we are getting a error with STATUS_0 giving me a 16#A019, _1 #0. It refers to that a 0 is assigned to one of the parameters db_x while according data_type_x is <> 0. DB 0 cant be sued. It tells me to cange my type to >0, In fact it is 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively reading coil data.

Communications were established before and were running for a while, while we are in commissioning. At some stage, not known when, the communications stopped, and I cannot really tell what the cause was for the communication to stop. On startup, we realized we did not have communications, we tried to do a restart of the CPU's, but because I have the redundant link between the processors, changing the mode from STOP to START will not run OB100 again. I have tried a "changes only" download to the hardware, just to re-initialize the communication, but this does not get rid of the error, I have disconnected the connected DB's to db_1, db_2, db_3, and db_4, but with no change of state in the STATUS. The blocks are licensed showing the registry key.

I have even replaced one of the MB_REDCL, but for obvious reasons this will now require a OB100 restart.

I can however disconnect the redundant link between the two CPU's and then power cycle the standby CPU to run OB100 again, but I am afraid that I cannot get the redundant link back again, I will have a sync error of OB100 and other data, and that will cause my CPU to stop.

Any suggestion of how I can get this link going again, without interrupting my process."

Following that, we did some tests in our office and we came up with the following:

The error A019 on Status_0 on the MB_REDCL block comes when you do a full compile and full download to the CPU's.

To get rid of the error code, you have to do a cold restart followed by a warm restart.

This is a solution, but not ideal. We had the oppertunity to do this yesterday on the vessel and it was succesful. We would like to know why this error occured on a running CPU?

We cant always restart CPU's as we please on these vessels as it can cause major problems to production and even start shut down procedures.

Any ideas?