Siemens SFC51

inst_tech

Hi Folks,

Looking for some guidance as I'm starting to struggle!

Quick run down on system:-
Using 315-DP which is connected to 10 profibus nodes (encoders). I wish to display on an HMI if they are healthy or not so am using SFC51 to read out the data.

Problem:-
If i use the SSL-ID of W#16#00B4 i can see the first byte change when i "fail" a node however I would like to use SSL-ID of W#16#00B1 but cant seem to read any info. I've changed the index number to the NODE number but unsure if this is right.

Questions (for the gurus out there!):-
1. How do use the SSL-ID B1 correctly, am sure i have the wrong Index number!
2. Is it ok to have for example 10 calls to SFC1 located in OB1 (for each node) while only using the 1 DB Header.

Many thanks.
Inst_tech