Siemens SI ASCII Card (RS232C) with a barcode scanner

luyolo21

Hi All,
I have application to read data from barcode scanner to S7 PLC through SI ASCII Card (RS232C). I have tried using the standard FB's to read the data but im not getting any info from my DB's. I used FB 2 (R_RSV) but I can get the Data on my DB's

If you have done this kind of application, please guide me how to setup for this.

Thanx for your response @keithkyll

I's using an S7- 300 plc which does not have the RS232 port but uses a communication module with a serial interface (RS232) (6ES7 138-4DF01-0AB0)

Thanx

You must choose the module with the correct mode and the number of bytes you want to read.
In your case it will be ASCII and x nr of bytes.

Then you must set the settings of the card to match the setting of your reader baudrate/handshake and so on

RS232.jpg