siemens sitrans P ped sep differential pressure transmitter

shkoko2000

i have siemens sitrans P ped sep differential pressure transmitter used for measuring flow is it have square root built in or i must built equation at plc and how i know that from manual

>how i know that from manual

Siemens manual are pdf format. Open the manual in a pdf reader and search the manual for the word square, then see if any 'hits' apply to a square root function.

Only DP transmitters will have a square root function.

Can you provide a link to the "siemens sitrans P ped sep" spec sheet or manual?

The term "ped sep" appears on Siemens stainless rivet tags, but no one knows what it means.

As Osmanmom says PED and SEP are directives. We use PED for pressure vessel design.

I think you can either activate or deactivate the square root function in the DP transmitter. Probably using HART.