Siemens Step 5 programming basics

Rashid

Hi, I am new both here and in programming Step5. I am looking for literature on the basics of programming step 5 , particularly the FBs, nd DBs,DWs nd how they are addressed and what they influence as well as timers, counters, latching relays, etc. I have visited the siemens support website and downloaded some literature from their, but the description of the FBs and DBs and timers is very vague. Could someone help me with a more detailed description of these functions. Thank you in advance.:confused:

Segment 1:
A I 1.0
AN F 1.1
= F 1.0

Segment 2:
A I 1.0
= F 1.1

Although this is written in STL, the logic is the same in LAD, CSF and STL. When input 1.0 is true, F1.0 will be true for 1 scan only at the rising edge of I1.0.

Hope This helps,

Nick