Siemens Step 7 micro/win Questions

So not sure if it is your program or my settings... but the com port is showing up as COM 4

I am not sure if the COM settings are saved in the PC OR are they saved in the program, IF they are saved in the program then you need to changed yours from COM 4 to USB

I am 99% sure that the Siemens Multi-Master cable is a USB and not COM X

The USB Com settings are set in the device manager.
goto ports and then you can adjust the comm's port number.
The PC may say it is being used - You can usually ignore this.
But in saying all that the MICROW1N Program may be different.

The USB Com settings are set in the device manager.
goto ports and then you can adjust the comm's port number.
The PC may say it is being used - You can usually ignore this.
But in saying all that the MICROW1N Program may be different.

There are two different types of cables for Siemens, first generation you would us a COM port number 1-32 this was taking the USB and converting it to a serial

The second generation is a USB to USB, it does not show up as a COM port and is converted in MicroWin or Step7